The purpose of NDIS support coordination is to connect a participant NDIS plan supports and services in the community.
Our role is to complement your life and help put your NDIS plan into action.
A trained Support Coordinator will assist you to:
- understand how you can use your NDIS plan to meet your goals
- manage your plan funds effectively to get the best outcome from your plan
- work with other people in your circle of support (family, friends, service providers and therapists, as well as community and mainstream supports, such as doctors) monitor the progress and outcomes of achieving your goals
- prepare for your next NDIS review meeting.
Support coordination has four stages:
- Engagement: We meet with you and your circle of support to get a picture of your life, needs and goals. If you decide you want Grampians Community Health as your service provider for the coordination of supports, a Service Agreement will be developed and signed. The agreement outlines how we will work together.
- Planning: Your Support Coordinator will then meet with you to talk about how to meet your NDIS goals and to understand your funded support categories. Together we will form a unique, tailored, capacity-building approach to achieve the goals you designed in your NDIS plan meeting that reflects your specific needs, desires and aspirations.
- Implementation: Your Support Coordinator will meet with you to assist you to navigate the NDIS by connecting and coordinating informal, mainstream and funded supports available in your area. We will support you to make your NDIS planned goals happen.
- Monitoring: Once supports and services are in place, we will continue to work with you to monitor the services, your goals, needs and aspirations. We do this by keeping records about how your goals are being achieved and will also note any changes you may wish to apply to your next NDIS plan.
We can meet with you in your home or at any of our sites.