You’re warmly invited to Stawell’s celebration of IDAHOBIT day.
IDAHOBIT is an annual day against LGBTIQA+ discrimination.
IDAHOBIT Day Stawell
Tuesday 17th May 4.30– 6pm
Stawell Town Hall 59 Main street Stawell
More information and please RSVP here for catering purposes.
This FREE event features:
- Delicious food and drinks
- Free rainbow merch for all young people under 19 who attend
- Optional raffle with great prizes raising money for Minus18
- 4.30 – 5pm: Rainbow chalking the pavements around Stawell Town Hall with messages of support for our LGBTI communities (or in wet weather poster making)
- 5pm – 6pm: Film screening (with subtitles) of “Rainbow Signpost” (watch the trailer). This is a documentary film produced in Bendigo in 2021 by local community members following the unique journey of two trans people. The film explores the difference between trans experiences across a 40 year generational gap, the impact on community, social change and their significant others, while navigating the experiences of transitioning. Project by Trans & Gender Diverse Bendigo and Beyond INC. Recorded by Xin Hu. Funded by Melbourne Pride – Regional Activation Grant and City of Greater Bendigo.
This event is brought to you by
- Grampians Community Health
- Stawell Regional Health
- Grampians Regional LGBTIQ Network
- Grampians-Pyrenees PCP
- the Stawell Rainbow Alliance (youth-run weekly LGBTI peer support ages 12-19) with support from HEY Grants.
Everyone is very welcome, come or leave any time. This is a disability friendly space. There will be chairs and beanbags available. People not from the LGBTI community are especially welcomed to attend.
Free transport assistance is available for people outside of Stawell to attend (especially young people), please get in contact for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org; 5358 7400)
A Facebook event can be found on the Grampians Community Health Facebook page.
We hope to see you there!